- Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone X: see specifications, new features and pricing
- OnePlus 5 Release Leak, essential handset from Android co-founder, Intel Core-X series and more: your daily 360
- Best Smartwatches in 2017: Apple, LG, Samsung and more
- New features on whatsaap with New guidence
- IPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Problems - What You Should Know
Apple Inc. unveiled the latest iPhones – the iPhone 8, the iPhone 8 Plus and the iPhone X – on Tuesday in a long-awaited product development held for the first time at the Steve Jobs Theater on its campus in Cupertino, California.
An update of the company’s signature device, now in its 10th year, was the most anticipated part of the keynote, and could have major ramifications for the smartphone industry as a whole.
Meet the iPhone X, Apple’s newest top-of-the-line gadget
First, it is pronounced “iPhone 10.” Now that this is out of the way, here are the specifications for Apple’s new top-of-the-line device.
End to end display
Glass on the front and back (same as the iPhone 8)
Water and dust resistant
Comes in space gray and silver finishes
Super retina display (5.8-inch screen, 458 pixels per inch)
No more home button
- Lift the phone or tap anywhere on the screen to “turn on” the device, slide from the bottom to go to the home screen
- Instead of pressing the Home button, the phone unlocks recognizing your face using the TrueDepth camera system (infrared camera, floor lamp, spot projector and front camera).
- It works night and day, and learns your face over time so you can not be fooled by a photo or mask. Every time you look at the iPhone X, it detects your face, takes an image and checks it against a photo you took previously.
- When you take the initial ID photo, you move your head so Face ID recognizes you from different angles. All processing is done on the iPhone X and is not sent to the server to protect face data.
- Face ID works with applications that use Touch ID and can be used to verify payments.
Dual optical image stabilization
- Larger and faster sensor
- Quad-LED true tone flash
Size and price
- iPhone X available in 64 GB and 256 GB models
- Starts at $999
- Preorders available Oct. 27, ships Nov. 3